Apple kicked off its annual Worldwide Developer Conference in San Jose this morning with a two-and-a-half hour keynote, displaying off the whole lot the corporate has been engaged on for the previous many months.
Want to know the whole lot they introduced, however don’t have time to observe the entire thing your self? We’ve wrapped all of it up for you in an simply skimmable bundle.
Console controllers for AppleTV:
AppleTV will quickly be appropriate with Xbox One and Playstation Dualshock controllers, permitting them for use alongside Apple’s upcoming subscription gaming service, Apple Arcade.
Multi-user help for AppleTV:
Tired of seeing suggestions primarily based on what everybody else in your home is watching? You can now have totally different profiles for every member of the household on AppleTV. Switch between profiles, and viewing suggestions will change accordingly.
Apple Watch Updates:
WatchOS is getting a bevy of enhancements, a lot of which are supposed to make the Apple Watch extra helpful with out having to tug out your iPhone.
- “Independent” apps that may run straight on the watch with out the necessity for a companion iPhone app
- A built-in App Store interface for buying/putting in Watch apps straight by the Watch itself.
- Dedicated voice memo, audiobook, and calculator apps
- Audio streaming APIs to permit for on-the-go streaming of sports activities video games and different content material.
- A “Noise” app that detects the decibel stage of your surrounding space, warning you when the noise ranges is perhaps harmful on your listening to. Apple was fast to notice that the noise app doesn’t document or save any audio.
- A cycle monitoring app for serving to girls to maintain observe of their menstrual cycle (this may even be constructed into Apple’s Health app on iOS)
- Built-in Shazam help
As it does round this time annually, iOS is getting an enormous improve. The developer beta construct goes dwell immediately; the general public beta construct will ship in July, and it’ll ship to everybody in “Fall”.
- App installs are actually 50% smaller, whereas updates must be round 60% smaller
- Apps will launch 2x as quick
- Dark Mode: A brand new, darker interface for when the usual interface is a bit too brilliant.
- Swipe keyboard: Swipe-to-type keyboards have been a factor for a few decade now — however till this level, getting one on iOS meant utilizing a 3rd social gathering providing. With iOS 13, swipe help is lastly inbuilt.
- Time-synced lyrics within the built-in Music app.
- The Reminders app is getting an overhaul, permitting it to do issues like remind you to tag individuals onto a reminder to have it…