- Google Chrome can now be set because the default browser on any iPhone operating iOS 14.
- One of the standout options of iOS 14 is the power to set third-party apps because the default browser or e mail shopper, and Google up to date its app with this performance this week.
- Chrome is the primary app to make the most of the brand new characteristic, however extra are coming quickly.
I’ve been utilizing the iOS 14 public beta for a number of weeks, and I’m relieved to report that it has been a comparatively steady expertise. I sometimes keep away from betas of working techniques, however in contrast to earlier updates, iOS 14 fixes a few of the tiniest, however most persistently irritating, points from earlier releases. Unfortunately, if you’re ready for the general public launch to improve your iPhone, you’ll most likely be ready till October, as Apple has revealed that the iPhone 12 will launch later than normal this yr. But right here’s another reason to improve now, if you happen to’re .
One of the various options iOS 14 brings to the iPhone is the power to decide on a third-party app because the default browser or e mail shopper. Apple resisted giving customers this feature for years, however lastly relented in 2020, permitting customers to decide on which browser or e mail app they need to open after they faucet on hyperlinks in different apps.
This performance had but to be carried out for Google Chrome all through the iOS 14 beta launch cycle, however as of the newest replace for the iOS app on September 10th, now you can set Chrome as your default iPhone browser. Here are the steps it’s essential to comply with in order for you Chrome to be your default browser:
- Make positive you’re operating the newest model of the iOS 14 public beta or developer beta.
- Download the newest model of Google Chrome (Version 85.zero.4183.109) from the App Store.
- Go to the Settings app in your iPhone.
- Scroll down till you discover Chrome on the checklist of apps and faucet it.
- Tap on the menu choice that claims Default Browser App.
- Tap on Chrome.
From now on, you’ll all the time be redirected to Chrome as an alternative of Safari while you faucet on a hyperlink to an internet site. It took far too lengthy for such a primary characteristic to be carried out on iOS, however like each different long-awaited characteristic, it really works precisely because it ought to and is a welcome addition to the working system. At the second, it doesn’t seem as if another builders have up to date their apps with the identical performance, together with any e mail apps, however now that Google…