Hello and welcome again to Equity, TechCrunch’s enterprise capital-focused podcast (now on Twitter!), the place we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
What occurs when your entire podcast crew is a bit drained from, you realize, the whole lot, and does its best possible? This episode, apparently. An enormous due to Chris Gates for serving to us trim the fats and make one thing good for you.
Before we get into the matters of the week, don’t neglect that Equity is just not again on YouTube most weeks, so for those who needed to see us do the speaking with some enjoyable further from the manufacturing crew, you are able to do so right here. More to come back as soon as I get my new exterior digicam to work.
That accomplished, right here’s what Natasha and Danny and I acquired into this week:
- The public markets are afire as of late with Apple reaching $2 trillion in market cap, and Tesla’s inventory doing all types of wierd issues. In brief, shares have solely gone up for some time and that signifies that there’s heat, nigh-stuffy temperatures round property of all kinds.
- This is resulting in a surge in liquidity, unsurprisingly, as asset managers of all kinds look to benefit from the instances. So, Asana is prepping a direct itemizing, Airbnb has filed privately, And ThredUp is eyeing an early-2021 IPO. Around the identical time as Coinbase, we’d reckon.
- Airbnb banned events as nicely, which wound up being the title of the present.
- And SPACs are nonetheless occurring in rapid-fire trend. The Equity crew is just not tremendous impressed about the entire affair, however I’ll say that with Paul “Fucking” Ryan concerned, it’s most likely an indication of the highest.
- And capping the liquidity chat, Natasha ran us by what Chamath is thus far, and Danny rabbited on about Kabbage.
- Funding rounds! Welcome raised a $1.four million test that I lined, Labster raised $9 million that Natasha wrote about, Carrot Fertility picked up $24 million that all of us thought was fairly sensible, and our buddies at Crunchbase News wrote about PadSplit, which is truthfully neat however we ran low on time after spending an excessive amount of time on SPACs. Check them out right here.
Whew! We’re doing quite a bit over at TechCrunch.com, so, keep tuned and know that if we had been a bit frazzled this week it’s as a result of we’re working our backends off to convey you neat issues. You will dig ’em.
Ok, chat Monday, a present that we’re already planning. Stay cool!
Equity drops each Monday at 7:00 a.m. PT and Friday at 6:00 a.m. PT, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all of the casts.
<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/techcrunch/apple/~4/F6zxbE9-GFk" peak="1" width="1" alt=""…