Apple’s “very busy” fall season of product launches is in full swing. The company just sent out invites for a news event next week, where new iPads and Macs are expected.
The invite says only, “We still have a lot to cover,” and has colorful leaves from the Apple logo.
The press conference will take place at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco, and begins at 10 a.m. Pacific. CNET will be there to bring you all the news, live. Stay tuned for more details on how to watch.
Apple’s last event was in September, where the company debuted the iPhone 5S and 5C, which went on sale a week later. This time around we’re expecting new models of the iPad and iPad Mini, which have been chronicled in a series of leaks. Apple is also expected to update some of its Macs — particularly its MacBook Pros — and offer a price and release date for OS X Mavericks, which was first shown off in June and finalized earlier this month.
The date matches up with one reported earlier from AllThingsD.
Apple’s chief financial officer characterized the company’s fall as “very busy” while talking to Wall Street analysts earlier this year. So far it’s gone with a very similar strategy to last year, with two main events just before the busy holiday shopping season to refresh its entire product line. However CEO Tim Cook has hinted that there are some big products slated for early next year too.
It’s unclear at this point if Apple will also be offering a live video stream for the event. The company provided one for last October’s event, which brought a new version of the full-sized iPad, as well as the debut of the iPad Mini and upgrades to some Macs.
Original article was posted on cnet.com
- Sorry, Android fans, Nike FuelBand SE is still only for iOS
- iPad 5 will sport fingerprint reader, suggests leaked image
- Lets go 3D in Desktop!! Apple aims it!!
- Apple’s spaceship HQ goes from drawings to 3D diorama
- Former CEO’s advice to Apple: Buy big companies
- Making sense of Apple supply chain rumors
- Higher-res iPad, lower-cost iMac coming, KGI says
- iPhone 5S sales outpace 5C two to one — analyst
- Cricket to sell iPhone 5S, 5C starting Oct. 25
- Apple’s A7 looks twice as fast — isn’t a marketing gimmick.. Herez the proof!!
- Apple sends out invites for October 22 iPad event (idownloadblog.com)