Shanghai prosecutors have brought a case against the couple for human trafficking after they illegally put their third child up for adoption through online postings and accepted money for the baby, the Liberation Daily reported.
Investigators found the mother, whose full name was not given, used the money to buy an iPhone, high-end sports shoes and other products, also online, it said.
But the couple told police that they wanted the girl to have a better upbringing than they could afford, since they already had two children.
“Giving away the child was not for obtaining benefits, but giving the child better guarantees,” one said.
Shanghai police and prosecutors could not be immediately reached for comment.
Shanghai media reports did not give the amount the couple received, but their online postings referred to 30,000 yuan and 50,000 yuan ($4,900 and $8,200).
Apple last month launched the iPhone 5s, including a gold-coloured model, and the more budget-conscious iPhone 5c in China.
Original article was posted in timesofindia.com
- Apple’s 2.6 million sq ft ‘spaceship’ HQ gets green light from Cupertino
- Siri ‘Eyes Free’ mode comes to six more Chevy cars
- Steve Jobs channeled ‘a past life as a World War II pilot’
- Apple officially sets its October 22 iPad event
- Sorry, Android fans, Nike FuelBand SE is still only for iOS
- iPad 5 will sport fingerprint reader, suggests leaked image
- Lets go 3D in Desktop!! Apple aims it!!
- Apple’s spaceship HQ goes from drawings to 3D diorama
- Former CEO’s advice to Apple: Buy big companies
- Making sense of Apple supply chain rumors
- Chinese Couple Accused Of Selling Their Daughter To Buy An iPhone (embargozone.com)