With the debut of the new iPad Air on Friday, Radio Shack will offer owners of previous editions a trade-in price as high as $225 depending on the model. Trading in the iPad 2 guarantees you $125 back, the iPad 3 $175, the iPad Retina (fourth-generation) $225, and the original iPad Mini $150.
You can use the money to trim down the price of an iPad Air or simply grab it as a gift card to use at another time on other products. Radio Shack offers the iPad only at its retail stores, not its Web site.
Those of you hoping to score more cash on your old iPad will want to shop around for a better deal. With a bit more effort, you can typically earn more money selling it yourself on eBay or Craigslist rather than opting for a retailer’s trade-in value.
- iPad Air vs. Retina iPad Mini: Which tablet is right for you?
- Apple’s MacBook Pro, MacBook Air on sale at Best Buy
- Apple quietly trims down older iPad Smart Cover, Case line
- Apple’s iPad Air sold out in Hong Kong, still available elsewhere
- Samsung edges Apple in J.D. Power tablet survey
- Apple looks to outfit devices with solar power converters
- Apple to unveil iPhone 6 in 2014 summer: Report
- Apple Targets Microsoft Office With Free Apps
- Steve Jobs’ childhood home designated ‘historical resource’
- As iPods fade out, Apple’s iTunes turns up the volume
- Radio Shack offers iPad trade-in deal (cyberparse.co.uk)
- RadioShack Accepting iPad Trade-Ins as iPad Air Goes On Sale (technobuffalo.com)