Somehow, despite the fact that Apple hasn’t even announced a smartwatch product, the company is still the second-most influential corporate entity in the smartwatch industry, just behind Samsung.
Samsung has already released a handful of different Smart Watch offerings, and Google, ranking third on Appinions Smart Watch Influencer report, has also shipped various hardware products. Still, the market waits with bated breath for what Apple might do. Despite silence. Remember, all Apple has said about smartwatches is “no comment.”
Behind Samsung, Apple, and Google, other smartwatch companies such as Motorola, LG, Acer, Pebble, Sony, Intel, and Microsoft close out the top ten.
Early entrants like Pebble are reportedly dropping off in terms of influence.
Perhaps more interesting, Tim Cook ranks third among influential executives in the smartwatch space, behind Nike CEO Mike Parker and Misfit Wearables CEO Sonny Vu, respectively.
As we’ve already discussed, Apple has yet to release a single product in the wearables space, but that’s not to say the company isn’t making moves. Apple has hired a handful of medical sensor experts, as well as Burberry’s CEO to head up retail, as well as a top Nike FuelBand designer.
But will Apple’s iWatch live up to the high standards already set for it? Or will it be yet another piece of $300 hardware stuffed in a drawer?
Editor’s Note: The data used in this report is taken from approximately 25,000 opinions relevant to the smartwatch industry between February 10 and May 9, 2014.
IMAGE BY FUSE CHICKEN
- Apple finally confirms it’s buying Beats for $3B
- A familiar MacBook Air, with an all-day battery
- Apple Said To Be Prepping Smart Home Software Platform For WWDC Reveal
- The iPhone Is Still The Best Smartphone
- Apple denies iCloud breach was responsible for device lockout attack, advises users to change passwords
- Australian Mac and iOS users find devices remotely locked, held for ransom (and how to keep yours safe)
- 14 things what we can get in the latest iOS 8
- Apple Wants Beats Music Because Transitioning iTunes To Streaming Could Kill Download Sales
- iOS 7.1.1 untethered jailbreak revealed in new video
- Apple’s best iWatch strategy: Reinvent the iPod