Apple has launched a new “Soccer Fever” section on the App Store, fittingly with June 12th marking the first day of the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The page has four app sections, including one for “Soccer Apps” (such as the official FIFA app itself), one for featured soccer-related games, a variety of typical social apps labeled as “Share the Fever,” and a plethora of apps for exploring the country of Brazil.
Additionally, the new page goes beyond just apps with sections for popular soccer-related books available on the iTunes Store, some “Soccer Movies,” and even a section for Brazilian music. If you really want to immerse yourself in the World Cup, it seems that Apple is giving you at least one avenue to do so. The 2014 FIFA World Cup runs through July 13th.
by Stephen Hall
- Apple Jacks The Headphone Port
- How the NSA Could Bug Your Powered-Off iPhone, and How to Stop Them
- 13 Reasons Your iPhone Keeps Running Out Of Battery
- Don’t freak out. Here’s why Apple’s stock is below $100
- How Apple wants you to feel inadequate
- Apps that could benefit from Touch ID
- Beyond Google: Apple, Samsung, and the quest for control
- Why Handoff was the most important feature announced at WWDC
- Beats advertises Apple (surprise)
- What iOS 8 tells us about the next iPhones and iPads