Video claims to show Apple’s expected 4.7-inch iPhone 6 with a next-gen A8 processor and near-field communication.
Apple’s iPhone 6 is expected to be unveiled next week, but the rumor mill continues to offer up hints of features that might appear in the next iPhone.
A video published to YouTube on Monday by Russia-based YouTube user Rozetked claims to show the new iPhone 6. Unlike some other leaked images and videos that have surfaced on the Web, this one (watch below) shows what appears to be a fully assembled iPhone 6 next to a current iPhone 5S. Although the video’s accuracy cannot be confirmed, it’s arguably the best video so far showing the rumored iPhone 6.
Over the last several months, rumors have been flying about Apple’s plans for the iPhone 6. Supposedly leaked images and specs claim the device will have a 4.7-inch display, an improved processor, and near-field communication for mobile payments. The anticipated device would run iOS 8 when it launches this fall.
While many videos have surfaced claiming to show the iPhone 6, few are as detailed or believable as the video from Rozetked. The device shown in the video looks very similar to devices pictured in images leaked from Apple supplier facilities. The device in the video also has the 4.7-inch screen and streamlined design that is expected in the iPhone 6. It also allegedly sports Apple’s next-generation A8 processor and NFC, but not the much rumored sapphire display.
Apple has remained tight-lipped on its plans and has not shared any insight into what the iPhone 6 might offer. As it has in the past, Apple likely won’t comment on anything iPhone 6-related until its special event on September 9. CNET will be on hand to live-blog Apple’s launch event next week.
- Apple teams with top credit cards for iPhone 6 payments, reports say
- Apple appeals judge’s denial of Samsung sales ban
- Tech Retrospect: Apple event preview and smartwatch overload
- Apple’s iWatch may not ship until 2015, report says
- IDC slashes forecast for tablet shipments
- iPhone 6 — the jolt that mobile payments need
- Apple flagship store in San Francisco fills with protestors
- Before Apple’s big event, Samsung and LG tease new smartwatches
- 10 ways the Internet overanalyzed Apple’s invitation
- Apple iPhone 6 event officially set for Sept. 9