The retailer is doling out $100-off coupons for its current round of iPads, apparently in advance of the launch of next-generation models.
Staples is offering $100 off the current lineup of iPads, apparently just before new models hit the market.
In a new online-only promotion that ends Saturday, iPad buyers can trim $100 off the iPad Air and iPad Mini with Retina Display using a coupon code at checkout. The Staples website lists the models up for sale, including all capacities of Apple’s popular tablet and both the Wi-Fi-only and Wi-Fi+Cellular versions.
Retailers typically try to sell off stock of an existing product ahead of the release of a new model. Apple is expected to unveil new editions of its iPad Air and iPad Mini in October. If the company follows last year’s pattern, the new versions will then go on sale at the start of November. Staples rang up a similar $100-off iPad promotion in August, according to 9to5Mac, though only for certain models.
Little is known about the next-generation iPad Air and iPad Mini, so it can be a tough choice deciding whether to wait for the new models or opt for last year’s editions and save $100.
The sale is good only online and not at Staples retail stores, according to a customer support rep, and will last through the end of day Saturday.
- Apple teams with top credit cards for iPhone 6 payments, reports say
- Apple appeals judge’s denial of Samsung sales ban
- Tech Retrospect: Apple event preview and smartwatch overload
- Apple’s iWatch may not ship until 2015, report says
- IDC slashes forecast for tablet shipments
- iPhone 6 — the jolt that mobile payments need
- Apple flagship store in San Francisco fills with protestors
- Before Apple’s big event, Samsung and LG tease new smartwatches
- 10 ways the Internet overanalyzed Apple’s invitation
- Apple iPhone 6 event officially set for Sept. 9