Apple’s new operating system for the iPhone and iPad includes changes to notifications, messages, shortcuts and Siri. Before downloading the update, you’ll need to clear some space. Also, Facebook makes it easier to tidy up your app settings.
Apple’s iOS 8 will be available to download on Wednesday. But before you update your iPhone or iPad, be sure to watch CNET Update for an overview of what to expect and how to prep by backing up files and clearing storage space:
This is also a good time to clean up your Facebook settings. Facebook updated its app settings pageto easily review which programs have access to your data.
- Apple hires legendary designer Marc Newson ahead of ‘iWatch’ launch
- More signs point to mobile payments for iPhone 6 — and for an iWatch
- Mac status report: More laptop and desktop upgrades still possible for 2014
- iPhone unit sales could soar to 235M in 2015 — analyst
- How an Apple iWallet might work
- Big-screen iPhones, iWatch start the clock on Apple’s ‘amazing’ product spree
- You need to know about NFC and mobile payments. Here’s why.
- iOS 8 will help photo search, but won’t fix it
- Staples trims $100 off its iPad lineup
- How Apple could put Siri ahead of the pack