Brazilian teen Marcel Fernandes Filho uses a Fleksy keyboard and a very large phone to break his own texting record.
They wanted to break the record. But the Fleksykeyboard that Fiho used, which allegedly makes typing LOL and 4Ever much quicker, wasn’t available to them on Apple’s iOS operating system.
LOL and behold, it now is. And I can report that Filho has swiftly moved to make Apple teenies crow. For he grabbed himself a rare Apple iPhone 6 Plus, trained like a magical, revolutionary demon, and broke his own record in New York earlier this month.
In May, he managed to take just 18.19 seconds, using a GS4, to text: “The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human.”
But now, biceps bulging and Guinness World Records referee monitoring his every twitch and autocorrect, he romped through the same words in a piffling 17.00 seconds.
“I’m not really sure why I was faster on the iPhone,” the champ said in a statement. “It could be the slight difference in screen size, it could be how responsive the touchscreen is. I’m glad I can use Fleksy on both devices now though.”
Of course he is. And, of course, it’s not recorded how many times he tried before the record was broken.
There’s also the suspicion that he might by now have committed that sentence to memory so perfectly that it’s like typing “My place. 8pm.”
Still, glory is his once more and who would dare deny him that? Especially as Brazil failed to win the World Cup, and this is almost as fine a prize.
The whole thing does seem like a rollicking PR wheeze for Fleksy. There will surely, though, be many a teen who this morning will wake up and believe they beat the champ, Fleksy or not.
Kids, you have to practice. But look at Marcel, having that really cool texter look helps.
- Apple fans buy things they don’t need, but how do they compare to Samsung fans?
- iPhone 6 China preorders soar past 20M — report
- Apple Pay details leaked in alleged training documents
- Apple’s Beats, Bose settle patent spat over noise-canceling tech
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus to land at Boost Mobile Oct. 17
- Apple supplier GT’s bankruptcy filing surprises even Apple
- Carl Icahn says he’s sending an ‘interesting’ letter to Apple on Thursday
- Alleged iPad Air 2 images leak online
- Apple sets Oct. 16 event, with new iPad, Macs likely
- iOS 8.1 beta 2 reveals new Apple Pay screens
- How to enable 60 fps video recording on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus